Friday, June 5, 2009

Visit to the zoo and other activities...

Well we've been keeping busy enjoying the warm summer days! Last Friday and Saturday Jim and some friends began building our shed and I tore out a section of landscaping that we didn't care for and redid it. Yesterday the girls and I spent time on one of the walking trails in Warsaw which we had never been on...we really enjoyed it! We took a lunch with us and when the trail ended at a lake we ate lunch and played at the park before heading back to the beginning of the trail. Today we took Grandma with us to the South Bend zoo....what a gorgeous day!!

While we were ripping out some of the landscaping we came across 2 toads....one very large one and a smaller one. Since I had gloves on I picked up the smaller one and took it in the backyard to show everyone. This is Keira picking up the toad.

Addisyn liked the toads from a distance at first but then Grandma talked her into holding it...either that or she couldn't let her little sister out do her.


This is Addisyn's new friend Jacob. He is the son of our good friends Bill and Julie whose 2 older kids were in our wedding. Jacob was born just 2 weeks before the wedding...little did I know that my daughter would eventually be playing with him! They will only be 1 year apart in school and both will be at Warsaw Christian! I told Addisyn she needed to get to know Jacob real well in case she ever needed help out on the playground. =)

Jacob and Addisyn playing while Bill and Jim work on the shed

Addisyn and Keira watching the white tiger

The petting area was closed at the time we went by but the girls found a goat lying by the fence and stuck their hands in to pet him

Addisyn on a pony ride

As always the highlight of the zoo for my girls is the train

Mommy and the girls watching the turtles

Grandma trying to give some grass to the tortoise

The girls on the big tortoise

After the zoo we headed to Target to use a gift card and some birthday money Addisyn had gotten to buy a "big girl" bike! And if you know Addisyn very well you will not be shocked to find out she picked the Barbie bike! =) It even has a little bike attached to the handlebars for your own Barbie to ride! I didn't know how she would do because she never likes to pedal her tricycle, instead she paddles along with her feet. I have been telling her that when she starts to use the pedals that we would get her a big girl bike. Well she shocked Jim and I and only a few minutes after getting on her bike in the basement she was whipping around the basement like she had done this before!

No comments: