I was listening to the news last night and they were talking about strawberry season starting and it made me want to take the girls and get some strawberries! I haven't done that since I was little and have fond memories! Grandma joined in on the fun and we headed to the patch! We had a fun time looking for the prettiest and plump, red strawberries we could find! The girls both took their personalized buckets from home and we filled both of them! Once home I made some strawberry jam to freeze and with all the strawberries we still had left I had to make strawberry shortcake for us to have....YUMMY!!!
Addisyn enjoyed the hunt for the strawberries...she was real good about knowing not to pick the ones that were still green or had some white still on them.





1 comment:
I have not gotten out to pick yet! I need to make at least 3 batches of jam this year. We are on our last jar from last year...smuckers is no comparison to homemade! Our local patch does not allow children under the age of 12 though.
Post a Comment