Thursday, June 18, 2009

Art camp and pool

If you've been a follower of my blog for awhile you may remember last summer when Addisyn went to a summer art camp and painted a ceramic raccoon. Well she really enjoyed it and so I signed her up for 2 art camps for this summer. Her first one was this morning, they read a story and do a craft based on the story. This morning they read The Tiny Seed and made glass stakes to be placed in your garden or flower bed.

Some of the kids gathered around to listen to the story


Addisyn working on her craft. They were able to pick out one large piece of glass or 2 smaller ones to make their stakes...Addisyn chose 2 small ones. Then they were given a bag of different colored and shaped glass to make their art.

Addisyn made a flower and a smiley face! They now will put them in the hot ovens for the week and we'll get to pick it up next Thursday when it's finished! I'll post a picture then!

A couple of summers ago Jim's parents bought a small pool for Addisyn to use at their house. Well now that we don't live just down the road from them anymore they said we could have the pool for our house. We've been trying for about a week to get the iron out of the water and get the chemicals right, which hasn't been fun, but this afternoon the girls and I tried it out!

Addisyn is much more comfortable in the water this year and sure had fun!

Keira was our little fish last summer...you put her in the water and she would have a blast! This summer so far she isn't a big fan of a pool!! Not sure what happened...I'm hoping as we use the pool more she will get used to it and enjoy herself!

Still trying to avoid Mommy grabbing me and putting me in the pool

I finally caught her...she was ok as long as I was holding her! She wanted NOTHING to do with her little floatation thing!

No comments: