On July 5th Jim and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary! Hard to believe it's been that long! A lot has happened in that time...we've added 2 beautiful daughters to our family, had 2 different dogs, and lived in 2 different homes. Every year for our anniversary we try to celebrate with just Jim and I getting away for at least 1 or 2 nights together. This year I came across a Groupon deal for ziplining in southern Indiana that sounded like fun. I found a state park called Clifty Falls State Park about an hour away from the ziplining place so decided to make that our little getaway. Little did we know what a gem we were going to find. We found some really neat little restaurants during our trip and fell in love with the state park that was full of beautiful trails and 4 waterfalls that were not far into the trails! We definitely want to go back and take the girls with us next time.
The first night we found a place to eat right on the Ohio river called Madison Lighthouse
After walking down to the dock we found the outside seating...it was a really neat little place!
Our second day there rained so we had to find things in town to do during the day. After dinner it had stopped raining so we decided to try a few trails out before it got dark. We found some really neat waterfalls along the way.
Another waterfall at the park
Our last day there we did our ziplining tour! We both had a blast. Here is Jim coming in at the end of his run.
Here I'm crossing one of the 2 bridges in the tour
This is a picture of Jim and I ziplining at the same time







1 comment:
I've always loved that state park as well. Glad you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment