What a day we had today...or should I say Keira had!!! Well this morning while I was getting ready for church Jim and the girls were in the living room watching cartoons and playing. Jim left the room for a brief moment to grab something and when we both heard Keira crying came running into the room to see that she had crawled over the our side table and got Jim's coffee mug! Thankfully the coffee was only warm, not hot, but still frightened us and Keira and we quickly got her into the bathroom to give her a cool rinse. She was just fine and nothing happened as a result...just scared her more than anything. Well then this afternoon after church we stopped in to visit Jim's parents who had just returned from a trip and Keira gave us the scare of our lives!!! I was letting her walk and holding onto her hands when she slipped falling backwards and hit her head on the floor. She has done this numerous times as this is just the process of learning to stand and walk, unfortunately it comes with many bumps and bruises! Keira immediately started crying so I picked her up to consol her...she let out one scream then held her breath with her mouth wide open...I just tried to calm her down and take a breath. She was holding her breath longer than normal so I put her close to me to calm her more when I looked down and she was limp in my arms appearing to sleep! I moved her to another position where I saw her quickly open her eyes then watched them roll back in her head...I panicked!! Luckily we were with other people and I handed her to my Mother in law quickly as she patted her a little trying to get her to breath...I again saw her eyes roll back in her head! Luckily a second later she took a breath and came out of it! By that point I had tears in my eyes and was shaking!! To see my baby lifeless in my arms, even for just a moment, scared me beyond belief. I still get tears in my eyes replaying the moment in my mind and thinking what could have happened!! God was with my little girl, and all of us today...I praise Him!!!! I know as parents alot of us have close calls and scary moments with our kids....thankfully we have a God who is always watching over us and keeping us safe!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i cannot imagine something so scary. and i thought melayna's fall into the bed where her teeth were bleeding was terrible. PTL Keira is okay.
Post a Comment