Monday, January 28, 2008

Keira is 2 months old!!

Hard to believe but my baby girl is 2 months old already!! She is doing real well and starting to get more and more fun each day as she starts to interact more and stay awake longer. I take her to the doctor tomorrow so we'll see where she is weighing in at. Although she was born 1 lb smaller than Addisyn they both weighed the same at 1 month. Keira slept through the night for me for the first time last week...from 10:30 pm - 8:00 am...it was great. Too bad she hasn't done that since, although she only gets up once for about 1/2 hr so not too bad!

I had a couple of people ask me when Keira was born where we got her name from and I just remembered that I never answered that question. When Jim and I were first married we went to the theater to see a movie and one of the main characters name was Keira (although spelled differently). I absolutely loved the name everytime they said it and kept it in the back of my mind for a baby name someday. There's also an actress named Keira Knightly whose been in movies like Pirates of the Caribbean whose named we heard after the fact but pronounced the same way. When I was pregnant with Addisyn we went back and forth between Keira and Addisyn not knowing which one to choose but obviously choose Addisyn in the end. This time around I looked and looked and looked through baby name books and could not find anything that I liked since I tend to like the more uncommon names. Finally we went back to the name Keira again and only a month or so before she was born decided on the name. So that's the story behind it all!!
Nothing too new has happened in the last week to update you on really. Addisyn is doing just perfect with going potty...she has had no accidents whatsoever and is shocking me by staying dry at night (even though I still put a pull up on her for bed).
Keira sitting in her bumbo chair (hard to believe that 2 1/2 yrs ago when Addisyn was born they didn't have these) Much nicer than just propping her up against a pillow or chair.

She's starting to keep track of objects now and enjoys looking at some toys

My little cutie

Sisters

The blog update wouldn't be complete without a picture of the big sister

No comments: