
Monday, January 14, 2008
It's potty time!!!!
I had hopes of getting Addisyn potty trained before we had Keira arrive in the fall so this summer we tried a couple of times to test if she was ready for the challenge. I have always dreaded the whole potty training thing so I figured I would wait until Addisyn showed interest and excitement about the issue before starting in hopes that she would learn quicker once fully ready. Well the couple of times we tried earlier she would get frustrated so we would wait another month or so before trying again. Those of you who I've talked to about this know that everytime we had tried to potty train in the past she would have no problem sitting on the potty but just wouldn't go and I couldn't figure out a way to get her to. Once it got to be about a month or so before Keira was to arrive we put the potty training on hold since they say it's not a good idea to be potty training when there is something big going on in a childs life like the birth of a new sibling. I figured we would try again after the holidays were through. So this past weekend we went to the store and I let Addisyn pick out some princess panties in hopes that would get her excited to wear them once potty trained. It worked....she came home and wanted to immediately put them on so that began the training. With things going on over the weekend we only had a few hours each day to really focus on it but surprisingly she went for the first time all by herself Sunday evening...we were SO proud. So today was our first full day of training at home and I didn't have too high of expectations but I must say that Addisyn blew me away with how she just took off. We had NO accidents today at all....she even went #2 on the potty which I truly never thought would happen right away and she surprised me by waking up from her nap completely dry!! So let's hope this is the beginning of the end of diapers and that things only continue to get better!!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulaions little cheerleader!!!!
Great Aunt Betty
Post a Comment