Friday, April 13, 2012

Keira & the Easter story

I'm putting this on my blog for my own memory to remember down the road but feel free to read along! =)


With Easter having been just last weekend the story of the crucifiction and resurrection of Jesus is fresh on our minds! Keira especially has been talking about it. One thing she is confused about though is how Jesus died on the cross for our sins. She doesn't fully understand that Jesus died for us and that it is done...He doesn't have to ever do that again. I find her telling me several times a day that she doesn't want Jesus to have to die on the cross. I tell her that He already did and doesn't have to do it ever again!


Well this afternoon I saw her go into our laundry room and sit on the stool...then she closed the door. I found this an odd place to hang out and asked her what she was doing to which she replied she was just thinking for awhile. I thought, ok, and went on with making dinner. A minute later Addisyn went in there with her and I began hearing bits and pieces of their converstation. Keira was once again concerned about Jesus having to die on the cross to which Addisyn replied that He doesn't have to again. Their conversation went back and forth for awhile and then I saw Addisyn leave the room and come back with her children's Bible. She must have been looking up something then showed it to Keira and continued the conversation assuring her that she had nothing to fear.


They weren't in the room for all too long but I just found it cute how their little minds work and how Addisyn chose to turn to her Bible for the answer! Precious little children of God!

No comments: