Monday, December 7, 2009

God's protection

Keira had a rough week last week! Starting on Tuesday night, her and I came back to our house to get a few things, while walking (or should I say running in Keira's case) into the house Keira tripped on a rug and went head first into the corner of Jim's cabinet in the garage. She immediately starting screaming, followed by passing out of course, and by the time I calmed her down enough to get a look at it she already had a HUGE knot on her forehead which was already black and blue! I had to hold her down to put an ice pack on it, which she was NOT happy about, but I was able to get the swelling to stop! Then on Saturday Keira was trying to give one of the Kline's cats some attention when it must of changed it's mind and as it was getting away scratched her on her left eye lid and around her eye (which is right under where she already had her boo boo from Tues). So she looks like she was in a fight! =) The biggest thing of all was on Sunday when we were at Jim's parents house she was leaning against their basement door when it opened and I saw her start falling backwards. I ran to the steps to see her rolling down the entire flight of stairs!!! I ran as fast as I've ever run down those stairs before, with Jim and my Mother in law right behind me, and picked her up! She was crying of course (didn't pass out though) but can you believe that the girl does not have a single bump or bruise from that!!!! I'm so grateful to God for His protection...it could have been alot worse! I guess we're lucky that in the 4 1/2 yrs since we had kids this is the first time we've ever had one fall down stairs...let's hope it never happens again though cause I don't think my heart can take it! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing worse than catching a glimpse of your kids falling, or rolling, down the steps! My kids have done this many times and it still makes my heart skip a beat!!! So glad she is okay!!!