Well I tried....just an ironic story! When we were picking out names for our girls we took it very seriously. We didn't want anything common, we wanted them to have a name that was unique but not one that had never been heard. So when we were going over names for pregnancy #1 we went back and forth between Addisyn and Keira. We finally chose Addisyn obviously. I always liked to check the social security website to look at the top names for the recent years and see where certain names were ranked. In 2005 when Addisyn was born the name ADDISON was ranked #106 out of 1000 and ADDISYN was not even on the list. Now this past year in 2007 ADDISON is ranked #11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much for being unique! =( At least I spelled it differently giving her the Y instead of an O but even ADDISYN has now made the list as #605 in 2007. Her middle name Mckenzie has stayed pretty much the same and comes in at #161 for 2007.
Pregnancy #2 even though Keira had been our second chose the first time around it was not in our choices at first. It wasn't until around 7 mths in the pregnancy that we started considering it again and knew it was the name. Now hopefully Keira's name we can have a little more luck with being more unique, although I seem to hear it a whole lot more than I ever did before she was born!! =) In 2007 the name Keira came in at #128 and her middle name Ashlyn was #155.
No comments:
Post a Comment