Tuesday, May 21, 2013

American Girl

So for years I've dreamed of this day when I could take my little girl to Chicago to get her an American Girl doll.  I had thought around the age of 8 would be a good time.  Addisyn started asking for a doll a year or so ago and I gave her the goal of becoming a stronger reader.  Since the end of her 1st grade year and her 8th birthday fell around the same time I thought this would be the perfect time!  So we invited my best friend Beth and her daughter Aubrey (who had just gotten her first doll for Christmas) along with us to the American Girl store. 

We decided to make the trip easier by taking the train out of South Bend which dropped us off downtown Chicago

The girls had coloring books and activites to keep them busy!  There were a TON of giggles during the trip!

We made it to Chicago!!

Addisyn and I in downtown Chicago

She's been dreaming of this day for SO long!!!

She already knew which doll she wanted and saw it immediately upon walking through the door of the store!  She had it in her hands within seconds and wouldn't let it go!

Before even seeing the whole store she wanted to buy her doll so she could get it out of the box!  Now we're heading up to the second floor of the store!

Yes it may seem strange that I took a picture of the bathroom but when I saw these hangers for the dolls I just HAD to take a picture!!! =)

The doll Addisyn chose was Saige which is the doll of the year for 2013 so they had a big display area upstairs just for her.

Saige likes horses, art and hot air balloons so here Addisyn is in a fun display next to the real Saige

Addisyn and Aubrey with their dolls outside the store

While there we had to eat at the American Girl Cafe

Even the dolls had their own seats and tea party

4 happy girls having fun!

Since we were celebrating Addisyn's birthday she got a sticker to wear saying she was the birthday girl plus they put a candle in her dessert and sang to her

Before getting back on the train we had time to walk around Millenium park.  There were beautiful flowers all over Chicago!

The end of a VERY fun day!

1 comment:

Busy1 said...

A hangar for dolls in the toilet. Yes, you're right. That is definitely a picture that you had to post!! LOL