Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Upwards Cheerleading 2013

Back in the fall I asked Addisyn if she would be interested in doing Upwards Basketball OR Cheerleading this year.  She immediately said she wanted to do Cheerleading which made me excited! =)  We went to sign her up and little did I know that I would end up being the one and only Coach for her squad.  Not something I had planned on doing but it ended up being a fun time.  They had practices one night a week and a game every saturday during the months of January and February.  Below are some pictures from her season...some came out blurry because of the lack of light but hope you get to see a little of what she did. 

At the beginning of each game the cheerleaders and basketball players were announced one by one and had their turn to run through the tunnel.  They would turn the lights off in the gym and have a spotlight on them so I was never able to get good pictures.  Here is Addisyn being called out!

Here are my 5 cheerleaders cheering for the basketball players as they come out. 

Addisyn cheering them on

The girls doing a cheer on the sidelines

Having fun

Our squad was named the "Lilies"

Doing their cheer during halftime

Our squad...a fun group of girls! =)

No comments: