Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New addition to our family

Jim and I have been going back and forth on whether to get a dog or not. A few weeks ago he came home with a shih tzu that his parents had found out about and thought we may like. We tried him out for a couple of days but decided to not keep him since we tend to like bigger dogs, instead Jim's parents kept him. So we decided to check our local animal shelter to see what we could find. On our first visit we found a husky that reminded us of our last dog, Maggie, but ended up not taking her home with us. About a week later I saw on their website that they had gotten 6 puppies in and we just fell in love with one of them. So with Jim's blessing the girls and I went to check them out the next day. The one we loved on the website was still available and luckily was the calm one of the bunch! We brought him home and he is quickly making his way into our hearts! At first I wasn't so sure...I forgot about the potty training and adjustments that come along with a new pet but THANKFULLY he is catching on quickly! We are still trying to figure out a name for this little guy, he is a collie/shepherd mix (we think) =)







No comments: